Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Third HIV Test


Nothing is more unnerving for any gay man than to wait for the results of his HIV test.  I underwent my third HIV test in my whole life today, since it's the new year and I wanted a clean bill of health.  My first two tests done in 2006 and 2008 were done in the private clinic of my doctor friend but since he is based in Europe nowadays, I had to search for an alternative place.

I discovered that our local government here in the Philippines has Social Hygiene clinics which administer these tests!  They also do STD tests for syphilis and gonorrhea.  And it's for free! Imagine that!

Anyhow, I went to their Social Hygiene clinic in front of Sandiganbayan in Fairview.  It's beside that huge tricycle parking area.  There is available parking space beside the clinic, so you can bring your car.

Once inside the clinic, they will get your details.  Be prepared to tell the truth since they will ask for your sexual history.  Then they will do some counseling re AIDS and STD.  After that, they will get a swab of your penis excretion and your tongue to check if it's disease-free.  Don't be ashamed.  Better to know if you're carrying something dreadful.  The staff is professional in this matter.

Finally, they will extract a little blood from you to check for HIV and other STDs.  The HIV result will come after 10 minutes.  The STDs will be identified after a week.  Again, these tests are for FREE!

Well, I tested negative for HIV, so I was really relieved.  I am still awaiting the results for the other STDs.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle