Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fr. Shay Cullen and the Dismantling of the US Military Bases Here in the Philippines

I am foolish sometimes in my opinions.  I read an interesting article today about what Irish priest Fr. Shay Cullen had done for the children of Subic when they were still under the US military bases.  I remember that it was in 1992 when the bases treaty had to be renewed and our brave senators rejected it, paving the way for the dismantling of the US bases here.

I was just a college student then, but I was one of the few who were quietly questioning why the dismantling of the US bases had to happen.  I was foolish enough to think, at that time, that the Americans were actually helping us - when in reality - some of the US Navy officers at that time were using their influence and power to fuck, yes, fuck our 12 year old boys and girls!! Talk about being sick pedophiles!  And thank God, Fr. Shay Cullen was brave enough to stand up against one of those pedophiles!  Talk about having a real guardian angel in our midst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle