Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Friday, October 15, 2010

Finally Applying Flexiwork

       I haven't worked in an office in 8 years - but I'm gainfully self-employed and I earn more than most office people do.  It's just that when I was applying for a job ages ago, I realized that I didn't want to suffer the daily commute going to Makati and Quezon City.  My eldest sister did that everyday and she was definitely grumpy when she got home everyday.  Can't blame her.  The daily commute can do that to you. 

         So finally, today, October 15, is a momentous day in my life.  I have finally implemented a system which I've been reading in journals and papers and textbooks for the past few years - the concept of flexiwork and flexitime.  I have allowed all of my employees to just work from their homes and work at the time that they want - provided they meet all their tasks and assignments for the day.  I don't know why I did not implement it sooner but I guess the traditional 'office' model was too hard not to emulate. 

           However, since I realized that technology has allowed us to work everywhere and anytime we want, I took a giant leap of faith, and applied all those gobbledygook I've been reading in HRM journals and MBA papers, into reality.  It helps though that I fully trust in the capabilities of my team members and I have known them for years for their reliability and competence.  I guess, I had to achieve that level of trust on them before allowing them to break loose from the traditional 'office' model.  Will the idea work?  I will get back to you on October 15, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle