Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Monday, May 2, 2011

Pope John Paul II: The Holy Man

     It was year 1981 when I have heard the news that Pope John Paul II will visit the Philippines. I was very young then about eight years old, but the truth about this man has brought curiosity in my mind why they say that he is a Holy Man. I just can’t understand why a single man could be so popular with just a simple reason of being a pope. During those times all I thought was he is a political leader who has just brought popularity for his greatness and leadership. I don’t really care at all about this man and why do I have to watch him all over again in the news.
      My teacher in religion took his vacation and leave during those time. She will go to Baguio City to represent our school, and when she arrived she had all the good news and blessings for all of us. Our teacher is so proud to tell us that she is blessed and relief simply by hearing the word of God coming from this man. He is a holy man, and that is the only thing that left in my mind since I never been really am interested in him because he is old in fact I hate his face during those times and life goes on. I never thought that I shall meet him again as a grown up.
      I believe it was year 1995 as I remembered when I was dressed in fatigue uniform as one of the CAT Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) student. I am one of the school representatives to handle crowd control and give information service to visitors especially foreigners in Luneta Grandstand. There were lots of people from different nations around the world and most of them are children and adolescence.
      The world youth day is being celebrated here in the Philippines and Pope John Paul the II is the supreme speaker that will conduct the message and his theme was “Tell the World of his love” sung by a beautiful girl who’s name I just can’t recall. And so it begins when the speaker begun to show on the stage the crowd began to come alive as if they have sawn a great Hollywood actor.
      Everyone begun to raise their hands others began to cry while others stand still simply waiting for what should happen. A simple wave in his hand suddenly gave a silence to the crowd. While it seems like everyone are so eager to hear his voice. His message is soft but clear.  His presence is so slow but dignified as if everyone will not spend his opportunity without having to listen while we awaited his ending. This has brought total unity to different nationality of people around the world. People began to hold hands some even provided an embrace and a soft kisses as if we already knew each other for a long time. Again I don’t really care with my heart of stone. I hate those dramatic moment, for me it’s just not realistic.
      But when I began to observe the crowd I felt empty and in need. But still I’m fighting over with myself that I hate the feelings of surrender. Until sometime that I am growing deep and I can’t help but to join them.         
      Not to mention the experience of love and openness in everyone’s heart, such a welcoming thoughts and open arms have spread throughout the Luneta Grandstand. How can I forget the joy that touches my heart during those times when people from different nations is at peace with each other like brothers and sisters? Words cannot express what my heart understands.  This man Pope John Paul II has brought hope to everyone like he always does; he was indeed a holy man. He was on the news for the last few days during his stay and the impression of the world by welcoming him have been positively approved all over the world.
      For so many years Philippines has not brought unity without struggle among its people but this man does and I praise him for what he has done, I believe he has changed my life for the better and others too. For once again our country has shown unity and hospitality all over the world. Thanks to the Holy Man “Pope John Paul II” May the Lord our God blessed you wherever you are.

        
     
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle