Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Personal Take on the RH Bill

Last Sunday, the whole world celebrated Mother’s Day; exchange of greetings has been made in different social networking sites. That day reminded me of myself being a mother to my seven-year old kid. Having some glimpse on how my older sister managed to be a mother to three kids just as my kid’s age, and to my own mother who dedicated her life to the three of us. I’ve never gone to any house of God for quite some time even on that day. I will only get to visit a church whenever somebody asked me to sing for his or her wedding or whenever I get to be a godmother to a child whose parents have become close to me. God knows that I do believe Him and I praise Him in the way I know how. I teach my daughter to give thanks to Him through prayers and by doing good deeds.

It’s been over a year that I’ve been prying on the daily news over the television. And what seems to be the hottest and trending nowadays was the issue on RH BILL. I saw Risa Hontiveros being interviewed after she has been called a “Devil’s advocate” by supporting the bill. That brought me into thinking about excommunication from the Catholic Church.  And even my dearest Lea Salonga is pro-RH BILL, how I love women who stand up for what they believe; now I love her more. And I will love myself even more.

I really do not have to examine the whole content of the Bill itself, for I have a strong inclination on preserving life. And my way of preserving life was to provide a quality of life to my daughter and myself.

The Church fears that if this Bill becomes a law it would serve as a window to anti-life practices such as abortion. They somewhat believe that there is a hidden agenda beneath the promulgation of this Bill. The Church wants to preserve the sanctity of life, nothing less than that. I understand their stand on this issue. They don’t seem enlightened with what this Bill has to offer to our society.

The people needs security, they need quality of life. If you paying for a low cost housing, with the continuous price hike of everything with a price tag and is a part of a family with three children, having a plain housewife and you are a minimum wage earner, let say P350.00/day without OT, do you think that your +/- 7,700 a month salary could provide the basic needs of your family?  Maybe it could if the needs and wants of the family will not exceed that amount. Maybe with proper budget appropriation it would. What more with the family who’s number of children exceeds three? Wouldn’t you think about going abroad in search for the greener pasture? If you leave, you can kiss the scenery of going home after a day’s work and having dinner with your loved ones goodbye. Goodbye quality family-life. I myself was a product of a grass widow, a family broken by that search for a better life. And it really gives a slash in my chest whenever I though about those years that gives me those “could’ve beens” and should’ve beens”.

The government needs to weigh things; it includes security and quality of life of its people. With regards to funds, believe me or not we have plenty; it’s just a matter of accountability. The government should be very careful with the usage of funds. If this Bill becomes a law, the Government will provide the means and materials to be used in dissemination of this law and sorry to say this will be coming from our taxes.

As a nation with mostly Catholic population, this issue will raise too many points of arguments between different sectors in our society. We are guided by the teachings of the Church and the Filipino Society is indeed divided, why? They have their own interpretation of this Bill. Some, by hook or by crook will go with it, and some will oppose it. Some just dig into it just for the sake of having an argument. Remember Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of Choice; let’s not go too far, lets go into the most basic right that God Himself has given us, Freewill. When I was a child, they used to joke about what the priest was saying after a mass “Go forth and multiply”. Maybe some couple took it literally. They exercised Freewill and followed the order as soon as they got home from churches. Ah, yes Freewill, after all these centuries of existence, after all those years of study in the fields of medicine, out of all the creatures that He Himself has created, we are the only species that is having a hard time controlling our number. We are too busy researching about cures for ailment, end result—prolonged life, overpopulation and the continuous depletion of our resources. But nature has a way of preserving Herself. Human race was gifted with the highest intellect. We should use that discretion every time we are to make a decision.  We are given rights and privileges; we should enjoy it with full responsibility.

People should be educated at all aspects of life.  When does education about the matters of Family planning should start - At home or at school? It should start at home.  If the foundation of the house wasn’t built correctly, no matter how good it looks, it will crumble and later on collapse. Imagine our society as a house, and serving as foundation are the church, the family, the environment, if those foundation doesn’t work with each other, no matter how you try to build your house you will not succeed. This matter should be taken seriously, and the children should be educated according to their age and discernment in the most adept way of learning, we shouldn’t leave them relying on their imagination. Responsible parenting will define the future of our society.
We really don’t need anything except being responsible for our actions.  But before that, we should stand up for what we believe is right and proper. We should always bear in mind that every action has an opposite and equal reaction.
Yes we are aware that we are God’s pro-creators. And pro-creation process was suppose to be the most exciting feeling that we are to experience, from the act itself, it is such a bliss. The childbearing months, it is wonderful moment that you would like to feel till the last breath of your life. The delivery, though quite painful, but still it makes you complete as a woman. And raising the child with a complete family... It is indeed a great journey to take. Motherhood should be the most wonderful feeling that a woman has to go through. And if she dies, who should look after the kid that she gave birth to?

If I may say, we shouldn’t do “it” because we just wanted to experience our earthly pleasures. It is a conjugal agreement between partners. Anything around it must be done with responsible way of thinking.

Population, religion, society, politics, family, and quality of life, if I am to draw a face of a man depicting all these as a whole, what I see is an old man wrinkled with his brows collided. This has been on the desk of some politician since the 80’s.This is a matter of life and death, the rise and fall of our nation as a whole. If we do not act as one, then expect us to fall to pieces and if that happens it is not our burden to keep. We are at the edge of our existence, what is your legacy for our youth? Think about it.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle