Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Life As It Is

   
         Everyday of our lives, we are faced to various challenges. These challenges determine our capacity as human beings and so, we are obliged to be able to meet these things successfully. Challenges are of different natures, they can be something personal, or about our relationships with people, or maybe about the happenings that happen in our society.
            What I would discuss here is about the challenge posed by the increase in the prices of gasoline and basic commodities. This, although impersonal, affects all of us. We are all affected by it and it hinders the economic freedom of all because, instead of having saved a few pesos, we are all obliged to pay extra charges brought about by those price increases. We should all learn how to cope with it for as we all know, it affects our daily lives. We shouldn’t lose hope however, for these things, I’m sure will pass.
             I do a lot of things just to cope with these price increases. I have changed some things in my lifestyle so that I would only spend money on things that are really necessary. The first thing I’ve done is to change a bit in my expenses because that’s how we all survive, by learning how to adapt.  Adaption is the key but it is such a broad thing. To adapt, I had to list all the things that I really needed to buy before going to the supermarket so as to make sure that I buy only the most important things. Second, I have learned how to scrutinized products by comparing them to make sure that I have bought quality products in reasonable prices. It’s just all about being practical. Third, I try not to be tempted by those things I see in the market. Sometimes, we have this impulse to buy the things we see displayed in all those stores. But I try to stop and think if I really needed it. Doing just that will save a lot of money, you know.
            Because of the price increase of gasoline, there was a fare hike. The one peso increase is a big deal actually. What I do is that I walk whenever I know that the distance between my location and my target place is tolerable. I don’t get tired easily and I just think of happy things when I walk. I would sometimes get surprised to know that I have already got into my target location. I don’t notice the time that has elapsed. I am entertained by all the motion around me. I also put it in my mind that walking is a good exercise. In our campus in Los Baños, all students walk because jeepneys are not allowed inside the campus and besides, they advocate the good things that walking does into our bodies and the fact that by walking, we help reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
            We also save on our electricity. As we all know, during summer, electric consumption prices increase. Age old tips like turning off appliances when not in use are very beneficial if you think about it. Our mother always reminds us to save electricity whenever we can and we follow it by heart, because if we don’t, we get a sermon.
            Another thing that we can do is to get a job. Oftentimes, our parents’ wages are not just enough for the family and we cannot really blame them for they can’t stop price increases. I myself have applied for this job just to augment my parents’ income. It is the least I can do for them. Parents tend to appreciate extra income very much. Extra income means a lot for it can buy a lot of necessary things.
            Lastly, my best solution is thinking positively. I have this ‘this too shall pass’ attitude that lets me get through difficulties. It would be very beneficial for us to stop thinking negatively. Thinking positively while working towards your goal makes your life easier. We know that as long as we live, we will always meet challenges. It’s just the way it is. Let’s just accept that and move on towards our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle