Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Thursday, December 2, 2010

One Christmas Custom I Truly Miss - House-to-house Caroling


Living in big cities like Manila can really make people very impersonal because in my last twenty years of living here - I have noticed the steady decline of children doing house-to-house caroling.  Since I grew up in a small town, house-to-house caroling was always one thing I looked forward to.  Mama never allowed us to do it, but since many of my friends did it - I would usually have several friends come over the house to sing.  And lucky them, since they earn extra Christmas money.  By the way, Mama was always a bit overprotective since she was afraid we might get bitten by dogs!  Anyhow, I don't take it against her because I can't sing anyway.  I don't have a good voice.  I just miss hearing children sing their Christmas carols outside my window.  The few carolers we've had immediately stop singing, soon as you give them money.  They have taken out the real joy of caroling.  And they sing lousily.  Like they were just in it for the extra coins.  I'm sure baby Jesus would be petrified if He learns about this. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle