Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Things I Can Do For the Philippines - Continue to Buy Locally Made Products


Like most people, I am notoriously brand-conscious, and like most Filipinos, I am still struggling to get out of that mentality where I think foreign made goods are better than locally made ones.  In this globalized world where almost everything made is actually made in China, but only stamped as made in Italy or the USA, when those goods are repackaged, I am already a bit wise to the ways of foreign companies. 
I found out this year that the tennis balls I buy in Wimbledon at such exorbitant prices were actually made in Cavite!! Imagine that! 

So this year, I will continue to vigilantly support locally made goods, as much as I can. This year, I have included Mental and Mint into my local wardrobe.  In 2011, I'm planning to include Viktor and Tyler - both very stylish local brands - because now, I think I can fit their clothes!  I have also stopped buying foreign soaps and shampoos since the truth is, coconut, which is used for these things, are actually sourced from here!  I think an even balance in the buying purchases of Filipinos would definitely help many local companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle