Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Supporting Philippine Art

Art fair for the cognoscenti and the people



Sa totoo lang, my brother Vic has more exquisite taste in art than me.  The paintings that he has bought are really beautiful and he's one of the people who do not really care about the artist and the buzz around that artist.  Basta when he sees something he likes, he buys it.  Ako naman, I've been gravitating more to abstract art so much so that Mama said to me one day, "Magkano yan? 40k? Ako na lang magpaint nyan. Kaya ko yang gawin. (Mama is a Fine Arts graduate of UP)." Ganun.  So ngayon, when I go to galleries, di ko na siya sinasama haha joke! 

One of the events that I really want to see is Art Basel, but I think I should start with the local version na lang muna. Imagine, kahit isang art fair dito wala pa akong na-aattend, que horror!  Anyway, I've placed this na on my calendar and ayun, makikisawsaw kahit walang pera at cannot talk intelligently about art.  Just like Vic, and I guess most people, we all love beautiful things di ba?  And for people like me who write for a living, we need to be inspired.  Life is boring e.  We need a spark of inspiration, from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle