Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Now It's Time for the Metro Manila Film Fest!

 
To most Metro Manilans, December 25 also means the start of the Metro Manila Film Festival which lasts for two weeks.  During these two weeks, only the chosen films are allowed to be shown in cinemas all over the metro - and the original goal was to give a respite to the onslaught of Hollywood movies. 

I guess it has worked because for the past decade, the biggest earning films of the year, almost always came from festival.  Mathematically, this is easy to figure out.  All the cinemas in the metro are just alloted to these eight movies and no other films, local or foreign, are allowed to be shown, and since it's Christmas time, most everyone has the cash - and the time to spend 2 hours on a movie!

For me and my family, we just usually choose one movie - and usually it's the latest Shake, Rattle and Roll series!  The truth is, this is not really a festival of well-made movies, but really, just a bunch of commercial movies for producers awaiting a big payday!  Anyhow, the intention of this festival is for the good of the actors guild, especially those who are already sick or cannot work.  Or that's what they say.  I just hope it's really true.  Also, it's a cash cow for the MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority) so they can continue their hair-brained ideas to make life more bearable for the residents of this big city!

Well, I might try to watch all eight movies since it's always been my resolution to support local films - no matter how much a stinker they are!  Hey, I watched Bruno and some Hollywood stinkers too - so I guess I have license to watch what we also do locally.  I can always blog about it anyway, these days.  Anyhow, this would most likely be the order that I'll be watching all eight movies - considering time constraints -

1.  Shake, Rattle and Roll (the latest series)
2. Father Jejemon (I miss Dolphy. Haven't seen him for the longest time! He's already in his 80's so tik tok, tik tok!)
3.  Dalaw (another horror movie, I love horror movies!)
4.  Ang Tanging Ina (the latest installment)
5.  Rosario
6.  Super Inday and the Magic Bibe
7.  Agimat ni Enteng
8.  RPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle