Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Trusted Brands: TV Network - ABS-CBN


When it comes to TV network or station, I have only one name in my mind.  The ABS-CBN tops among the other stations as the only television network that could provide me with total entertainment while I am in the confines of my home.  The station offers the best talents the industry has from actors, hosts, anchors, directors, scriptwriters, singers, songwriters etc.  I wouldn’t know how the network lures all these talents to their fold such that the way I see it, majority of the best talents in the industry have signed up their services with them.  I wouldn’t know if it has something to do with bigger talent fees, it’s just that it looks like any talent for that matter would like to be associated with this network.  There are talents who started their careers and made it big in other networks, only to transfer eventually to ABS-CBN. There is something about being associated with the name itself. Perhaps it has something to do with the so called goodwill.
From its early morning show Magandang Umaga, its noontime variety shows, its honest to goodness unbiased and dependable news reporting and anchors at TV Patrol, its assorted drama in their so called primetime “teleseryes”, their reality show “The Biggest Looser” up until their late edition of news reporting through “Bandila”, ABS-CBN shines above the rest.  Their weekend offering on the other hand, the likes of Maalala Mo Kaya, Pilipinas Got Talent, the Buzz to cite only a few are consistent top raters.  In the case of Maalala Mo Kaya, the show is a testament that one good show can truly withstand the test of time. It has been aired for so long a time now and yet it remains a favorite of many that includes me.  Every episode never ceases to entertain me.  It was like that before during the 90’s. It still is now.  In this particular show, those personalities who were just starting to carve a name for themselves normally showed their best here and usually ended up made the likes of actress Maja Salvador, Alessandra da Rossi, good actress both whose talents were obviously honed by portraying varied characters in the weekly drama series .  I like the excitement of seeing an ordinary performer portraying lead character in the said series knowing fully well that he or she will delight me with a superb performance of the night. So far, in my almost two decades of watching the show, there was never an instant that I was shortchanged. I wonder idly why other networks cannot come up with the same formula. Maybe it goes to say that with brilliant actors acting in front of the camera; likewise brilliant director is at the helm behind it.
Even on their weekly gossip cum entertainment show The Buzz, the network is a cut above the rest where vulgarity and judgmental attitude has no place as compared to other network whose rival show is always put in bad taste with their manner of asking their guests where oftentimes it is already in the border of being vulgar.  This turns me off as sometimes it is a clear case of desperately copying ABS-CBN with no amount of success.  If one asks me what is the number one TV network in the Philippines, I would say with all certainty that it is ABS-CBN. If I would be asked next what is the number two television network in the Philippines, then, that I certainly do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle