Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Favorite Danilo Franco Creations - Philippine Fashion Week 2011



The one shoulder style of this ensemble gives it a very sexy appeal in just the right dose.  The dominating feature is the pattern on the top which Danilo Franco fashioned after a woven mat (banig).  The jewel tone colours used brings out the beauty of the pattern which is bold yet subtle.  The skirt is reminiscent  of a sarong worn by Indonesian men.  The way the swath of fabric is draped over the front and tucked into the belt of the top gives it a fluid yet fascinating focal point to the outfit.  I can totally envision sashaying my way to a cocktail party in this outfit.  Paired with my favorite Christian Loboutins- the Blake 100MM and the Mini-Loubi evening bag- this outfit will rock whatever event it is I will attend.  Jewelry is not necessary for this outfit as the top has such a busy pattern.  A hair accessory and bangles will suffice to complete the look.  This is a definite show-stopper and trend-maker. 
Danilo Franco Holiday 2011




This is another fantastic ensemble by Danilo Franco.  Though I am not too keen on the pants, the top is alright-  I find it a bit too boringly mainstream.  I do, however,  love, love, love the wrap.  For me it is a very versatile piece.  It can be paired with jumpsuits, a maxi-dress, a short dress, jeans/pants or shorts with a sexy top, and even a bikini.  The wrap is definitely something that would go into my suitcase when I go for my holidays.  The deep purple hue and the forest green give it a very luxurious look which could be dressed up or down, depending on what you pair it with.  For variety and for a trendier look, the wrap could be fastened with a big, silver brooch or one could tie another bandana around the waist for a sash or simply wear it as is.  This is a must for girly girl accessories!
Danilo Franco Holiday 2011

This outfit screams Ms. J. Alexander of the America’s Top Model reality show.  Drawing on the Southern Muslim influence, the headdress and the print on the top is very ethnic-looking.  This outfit is very prêt-a-porter.  It seems to be a very easy, relaxed, and cool ensemble to wear.  I envision strolling downtown shopping, having luncheon out with the girlfriends, a lazy day on the yacht, or sitting in the first-class cabin en route to Cannes or some other exotic destination.  The top’s cut is boat neck with flouncy ¾ sleeves.  The screen-print on the front is once again inspired by Indonesian designs.  I would pair this outfit with gold, strappy sandals such as the Michael Kors braided metallic strappy sandals for a casual look or Cole Haan’s Air Delfina Wedge Sandals for a dressier look.  Relaxed elegance sums up this look.
Danilo Franco Holiday 2011

Understated elegance is what this particular look is about.  Out of all his collection for Holiday 2011, this outfit is probably the most simplistic look of all.  It is very appealing to me because it is a look that I could take from the board room to an evening out for dinner and the opera.  During the day, one can put a simple jacket on top to give it a more professional but classy edge.  At night, simply wear it as is.  The metallic details on the shoulder straps and the waist is enough of an accent to make the whole ensemble not-too-boring.  I do adore the champagne and nude colours used.  Quite en vogue with the IN colours for the season.  Simple jewelry in pearls and diamonds would further up the ‘hotness’ of this outfit.  I am mentally pairing this outfit with my Manolo Blahnik Crystal and Bow T-strap sandals.  Make way Carrie….this lady is going to sex up the city with this number!
Danilo Franco Holiday 2011

The moment I viewed this outfit I thought of India.  The beautiful, fuchsia skirt with its panels of prints makes me reminisce of India.  I am reminded of a trip I took to Rajasthan to a printing block factory where they showed us how they printed designs on silk.  Also, India is a country where such beautiful, bright colours are found everywhere on the sari’s women wear.  This outfit would be a wonderful evening wear to a semi-formal event.  The top’s plunging neckline is definitely über sexy.   I like the movement/flounce to the skirt.  The designer opted for a slim belt to accent the waistline, but I can envision it  worn without or with a corset type of belt too.  This outfit would go perfectly with my Casadei Tulle lace-up booties and Lulu Guinness clutch bag. I think my Louise Swarovski crystal jewelry will be the finishing touch to the entire ensemble.  Divine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle