Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fallin’




A good song isn’t just about the lyrics. It is also about how the singer gave life to it. Likewise, a good singer isn’t just about having a beautiful song with wonderful lyrics. The singer should be able to get the proper emotion out of the words and letters of the composition. The singer and his song should match and complement each other. Otherwise, there will be no song that will tell us a very wonderful story. There will be no song that will make our emotions flow over and over again. There will be no song that will send us to sleep. There will be no song that will make us feel better whenever we encounter problems. And most importantly, there will be no song that will make us reminisce the past when everything has already changed, and the memories are the only ones that did not.
They are the ones who are there when everybody walks out of our lives and leaves us. The ones whom we share our problems with when our family can no longer accommodate us. The people whom we spend almost everyday of our lives. We consider them as part of our family: as brothers and sisters whom we can share our laughter and tears; and as fathers and mothers who will guide us and scold us if we do something bad. Who are they? They are our friends. Conversely, friends nowadays are not being viewed as plain friends. Friends become the picture of one’s ideal man or woman. People consider this situation normal. Especially because of the fact that we spend a lot of time with our friends more than anyone else, making it more possible for us to fall for them. However in my case, it wasn’t… I thought.
We are just typical friends. Typical in the sense that we always hang out somewhere. We always talk and laugh whenever we are together. I share my secrets with him and so he is. I accompany him and he accompanies me. We are side by side for hours and hours a day. Just like any other people and their friends, we usually fight. Whether the reason is simple or not, it is undeniable that the day won’t end if we don not have a conversation or two. But that only makes our relationship stronger. We will just laugh after our quarrel and we are okay. No grudge for each other. Days run by and we become closer. I don’t know if my friend feels the same way, but I feel that I cannot live a day without him. Little by little, I realize that the more our relationship become stronger, the more I get stuck with the imagination of sharing a different kind of connection with my friend. I cannot explain it. It’s something deeper; buried in the innermost part of my heart that I myself cannot recognize. Later on, I begin to feel so happy by just looking at my friend. I want to be near him, yet whenever we talk I start to search for words. Just the thought of him looking at me makes my feet tingles. Crazy. That’s what I am. On the contrary, I cannot just go and tell my friend what’s inside my heart. I cannot tell my friend that I’m beginning to like him because I’m afraid he will avoid me. Get mad at me. And I don’t want that to happen.
That is the story behind the song sang by my favorite singer, which after sometime, became my favorite song too. Unlike the hopeless romantics, the song didn’t get my attention only because it says something about love. Instead, I fell in love with the song because of the singer’s singing prowess. Actually,  the first time I heard the song, it didn’t leave a great impact to me despite of the fact that the one who sang it is my idol. Firstly, I am not a fan of love songs because it’s hard for me to relate myself to it for I haven’t experienced being in love. Secondly, that song was dedicated by my insane high school classmate to the man of her dreams. I thought she is crazy because she said that she can relate very well to the song when in fact, their love story is very different to what the song is telling. However, when I tried to play the song, it seemed that something in the song made me want to play it again and again. It was beginning to appeal to my emotions. It was really hard to explain. I didn’t know if it was just part of my imaginations, but I felt that my soul was also getting affected. Without experiencing being in love, I was able to understand why my classmate behaved that way. Eventually, just like the singer, the song became my favorite. And now, though four years have run so fast, the song still affects me. Every part and every inch of it still captivates me. In fact, I was even able to create a wonderful story out of it. I’m still hooked; and will I will always be. I want to blame my favorite singer for this. He created a wonderful masterpiece that I can’t resist. He interpreted the song very well that it transformed into a buffet of emotions, feeding my ears, my heart and even my soul. No doubt, my favorite singer was named the King of Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle