Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Monday, November 15, 2010

An Urgent Need For A Mass-Based Transportation System

My niece's class was suspended yesterday because of the bus strike - which was really funny - because I don't think anyone commutes in those exclusive Catholic schools.  And anyway, if they had to use EDSA, there's always the MRT.  In a way, yesterday's bus strike just showed how much of a nuisance buses are in EDSA.  I don't like them too - the way they drive, the way they boss private vehicles around, the way they clog the traffic with no consideration for others - in my book - their inclusion in the color coding scheme should have been thought of ages ago - and implemented!  I just hope it really pushes through.

Which brings us to the more urgent infrastructure need, which is a better mass-based transport system.  I love commuting and riding trains, something that I did a lot when I traveled abroad.  So I don't know why they could not implement it here?  The MRT is too short and just covers EDSA and parts of Taft and Aurora Blvd.  This metropolis is just too huge to have very limited track lines.  They always say we have no money but our senators and congressmen's children can study abroad and have new cars every year and watch Manny Pacquiao live in Las Vegas.  What if we just give that money they spend on their luho to projects like a more expanded MRT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle