Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Monday, November 22, 2010

Their Perception of Our Country Is More Important than the Marketing Campaign

I love traveling abroad and I don't think it's the marketing campaign that got me there.  But yes, marketing campaigns like Amazing Thailand or Malaysia Truly Asia or Incredible India just helped confirm my expectations of these places, after I've visited them. 

So I guess an updated marketing campaign to counter the recent spate of negative perception of our country could probably help spruce up our image abroad.  However, what I think is more important than that, is that more good news of our country will be broadcast abroad.  Manny Pacquiao's recent win is  one of them.  The positive economic news is another. Hopefully, good governing policies from Pnoy. I think those could help spruce up our image abroad. 

When I pick a country to visit, I will always be held back if there's bad news about that country. Images of rallies or strikes or news of crime against tourists would certainly hold me back.  We cannot control the news but the government can project that it is in full control when crisis happens - whether it be a natural disaster or a hostage taking.  Even if we have a fancy marketing campaign, it can easily be shot down by images of a cop hostaging foreign tourists which is then magnified all over the world! 

If the government can show the world that foreign tourists will be safe here (we are a safe place, but we have to show it explicitly to prospective tourists), then we may have won half of the bottle.  It's not difficult to sell what our country can offer.  We have so many fabulous places for tourists to visit. What is difficult is to convince them that they will not be beheaded here or be shot by a corrupt cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle