Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Selling the Filipino Brand Everyday

In the 2010 Country Brand Index Survey, the Philippines slipped precariously from #29 in 2009 to #65 this year.  This may be due to the high-profile violent incidents and the perception of corruption.  However, everyday, I keep selling the Filipino brand in my own business.  Being an Internet content provider, I proudly tell my clients worldwide that we are based in Manila, Philippines.  I haven't had any untoward reaction when I say that, since I know my English is world-class.  I have always believed in the Filipino talent since day one of running my business, and although there are idiosyncrasies when it comes to English (there's American English, UK English, etc, etc.), my company has adjusted accordingly to the uniqueness of it by just adjusting to the country of origin of the client.  I am also glad that some of our clients, especially the Arabs, have known how good Filipinos work that it's easy to convince them to use our services.  Some of them even speak to us in Tagalog just to show off their closeness with our community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle