Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Friday, November 19, 2010

Why I'm For the 12-Years of Basic Education

I was one of the lucky ones to get 11 years of basic education instead of the norm of ten years here in the Philippines.  Some Catholic schools here require Grade 7 and we had no choice but to follow them.  Looking back, I think it did me some good, and I feel that if I had 12 years of basic education, I would have been able to do better in college and maybe in life in general.  As it is, I feel that I have already maximized what I have learned in school (me, just being a college graduate, with no fancy masters or doctorate degree).  I actually earn more than a surgeon does in the US so I think I'm doing pretty well.  The truth is, you cannot compete with businessmen like me, earnings wise.  We will always earn more since we have a mass product which we can sell to a bigger slice of the population.

Anyway, I remember that the added year made me more superior to my classmates (who only had 10 years) in many areas, like Math, Science and English, even Filipino and Social Studies.  I was more articulate in both written and oral English and Filipino, and in a way, we were more advanced than most schools where I grew up in.  I knew all the chemical symbols since we started them freshman year.  The school I moved to only taught it in 3rd year Chemistry.  We studied world capitals in freshman year.  The school I moved to taught it in 3rd year. I aced both easily, because, in a way, you could say, we were 'advanced'.  I can say that from experience since I transferred schools during my high school.  What they were teaching in their second year level, I knew most of them already in Grade 7.  Lucky me but in a way, it kinda stunted my learning that year. 

Anyhow, I don't know how our public schools can handle 2 more extra years.  As it is the current resources are so stretched to the limit!  But as they say, if Pnoy has the will, he will find the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle