Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My Own Japan Experience: What Impressed Me When I Was There


When stories were coming out last week that Tokyo was becoming a ghost city, I was a bit alarmed because I am personally a big fan of the city!  I was able to go to Tokyo to attend a Harvard Conference a few years ago and I fell in love with the city almost immediately. 

What struck me most was how well-developed the city was considering it was in ruins just 60 years ago.  Yes, I am comparing it to my Manila!  We are so primitive compared to this city with a million lights and with so much hustle and bustle! 

And the people are so nice and helpful!  They don't speak English, but they try, in the best way they can - in the little English they know, to help you find your way, to assist you as you buy stuff in the vendo machines - to make your experience of their beautiful city - a memorable one!

Finally, they have a very strong sense of culture!  There are just so many Japanese icons and I bought myself a trunkful of souvenirs - and what made me happy was that these souvenirs were of very good quality!  From sumo wrestlers to ninjas to kimonos to paintings - I made sure my loot was complete. I even had Meiji chocolates - a personal favorite of mine!

I believe Tokyo, and Japan, as a whole will stand back on its feet again.  They have the value system for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle