Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

It's Great to See that Entrepreneurship is Cool Again!



When I was in college, only students from De La Salle were associated as 'negosyante' types.  If you were from UP or Ateneo, most likely, you'd follow the multinational company route after graduation. Unfortunately for me, I never really wanted to work for any company.  As early as high school, I knew deep in my heart that I can do it on my own.  I knew it won't be as glamorous as a job in say, Procter & Gamble or Unilever, but I didn't care.  I could own a sari-sari store and I would be very happy already.

One bad thing about studying in UP or Ateneo is that you never see any "negosyante" role models, at least, not during my time (late 80s - early 90s).  I only remember Johnny Kua of French Baker from UP who was the most high profile.  There were no others. 

So I'm really glad that a generation later, Joey Concepcion is championing entrepreneurship as a way of life for today's youth through his negosyo caravans and entrepreneurship summits.  I hope that a lot of today's youth will find it in their hearts to set up their own businesses and make entrepreneurship their way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle