Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Monday, April 25, 2016

Not Surprised Why Bongbong Marcos is Faring Well in the VP Race


I am also not surprised why BongBong Marcos is still very popular.
Yes, I am appalled with many of his statements but again, unlike many supposedly "good" Pinoy politicians, he's very low-key in person - and like his mother, he really talks to you, appearing interested with your life and gives you no condescension.
Charina Pinez Errea and I met him first in the HK airport. He, along with his family were in the waiting area, quiet, unassuming, not drawing attention to themselves and no bodyguards.

At that time, I think he was just governor of Ilocos Norte, so his national profile was pretty low. It was Charina Pinez Errea who noticed him and said to me, let's ask for a photo.
Wala pang Iphones, androids and tablets nun and the camera phones were still in the Stone Age! We talked to him and he was very gracious, very easy to talk to and when we asked for a picture, we said, we had no camera and he suggested our camera phone (the Stone Age one).
Ayun, I don't know where the photo is anymore because I've had many phones na after that.
A few weeks later, I met him again, this time at the Cathay Pacific Business Class Lounge of the Heathrow Airport. I went up to him and introduced myself, saying that we met a few weeks earlier in HK. Yun pala, he was bringing his sons to London (to study, I think.)
Ayun, again, he was very easy to talk to, no yabang, parang close kami LOL. What endeared him to me was when he asked me why I was in London. I said, "I meet up with my boyfriend every June to watch tennis, etc."
He did not bat an eyeflash when he heard "boyfriend". I looked at his face for a raised eyebrow. I found no judgment in his expression.
This was about ten years ago when gay marriage and men having boyfriends were not talked so openly in Pinoy society.
So he might, he just might support gay marriage. Unfortunately, I never asked about his stand on the issue.
We talked about other general things. I asked about his province and what he had done there. He volunteered the information openly. Walang yabang, walang pag-aalsa ng bangko. He was very cordial.
I actually like him, di ba Charina Pinez Errea. He was so nice to us! Komedyante pa!
Yun lang, in conscience, I just can't vote for him. But I won't tell him that when we do meet again in person, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle