Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coping With the Prices of Basic Commodities

      
Life is hard but God is good, my life seems to be very miserable during the past years, and so to speak I resigned from my job as a teacher last summer of 2010 confidently because of overworked yet underpaid situation and knowing that I would end up being a store clerk from one of the best store in town but it never happened I should have been accepted and everything is set, I had my connection but when the other party came out they thought I was a bit small to fit for the job. I’m a totally broke person. I always face the mirror hoping that I could be a great dramatic actor like Christopher De Leon or probably Mel Gibson just to forget the feeling of worthlessness and self pity.  But then again I hang on to my prayers because God always performs unimaginable miracles in my life.
      I never really had anything  but a piece of old computer and luckily a 3310 cellular phone which often makes me laugh because of the miserable signal (I used to climb on the roof to get one) and a check operator ringing bells used to greet me, always absolutely no load till such time I need to call. And to sum it all up the prices of basic commodities including food and clothing continues to soar because of gasoline increase in the international market. This continued increase in gas prices really affects us all in such ways including transportation, prices of cooking oil, vegetables, rice, sugar and coffee. And who would have thought that it would happen during this time of my unemployment. 
      Good thing I’m still single and still living with my parent’s house not much of a home. It’s been a year now that I never found employment, so what I do is help my mother to sell ready to wear clothes for old women in a small store in Cainta, Rizal. This bits and pieces somehow help me cope up with my basic needs.
      While the basic commodities are still threatening (like they always will) what we do to cope up with this situations remains in the budget allocation or our resources and economical ways and means of expenditures.
1.    Rather than take a ride I just walk to save some transportation expense and basically have an exercise. Sometimes it’s a bit tiring but it’s alright. Our neighbor use to joke on us that we’re using our Cadillac or Kadi-lakad trip again.  
2.    To save some electricity we never really use much of appliances like electric fan and washing machine if not in real need.  No more television at night time sometimes I read books before sleeping.
3.    We make sure there will be no left-over food, just cook enough food for the family’s needs, if there will ever be left-over it will be pre-heat for tomorrow.
4.     If the kerosene gas stove run out, we sometimes replace it with charcoal which can be easily bought cheaply at the nearby sari-sari store.
5.    All vices are not exercised at home and even outside -  no smoking, no drinking, and no gambling etc. All this vices contributes to low morality and poverty thinking pattern of the Filipino community which is widely acceptable but somehow immoral on my own thinking. That is why I never had one and I never want to.
6.    I also earn a bit from computer tutorial and PC hardware troubleshooting. The income goes directly to my savings.
7.    Save for the rainy days, a penny saved is a penny earned. My little piggy bank is still useful in time of need.
      These are some my short term plans and ways to cope with the continuous rise-up of prices of gasoline and basic commodities. I also thought about having to establish my own computer shop in replacement of job hunting, but unfortunately it is not easy to have one. Hopefully with the help of my brother abroad if he will give me the trust in partnership then I shall be able to continue my plan of having my own Internet shop. I hope and pray to the Lord that all my prayers and wishes will come true so that I can help my parents at all times while they grow old.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle