Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Why the Inquirer's Read-Along Events are Important


I've been reading about the Inquirer's Read-Along events for sometime now and I only have praise for the newspaper for inspiring many of our young kids to read, whether it be in Filipino or English!  I am saying this because I was one of the lucky young students who experienced read-alongs and storytelling sessions, not by the Inquirer, but in the grade school I went to - the Andres Soriano Memorial School - De La Salle.  I distinctly remember our teacher, Mrs. Emelita Velayo, read to us at least once a month, stories she carefully chose and believed would interest us.  That pretty much sold me out to reading as a hobby early on, although I was pretty lucky too that both Papa and Mama were model readers.  I could actually see my parents read a novel or a book every weekend.  So saan pa nga magmamana!  But still, the read-alongs just further reinforced the importance of reading in our daily lives.  Up to now, I continue to read, to enrich my world and of course, it has helped a lot in shaping the way I communicate!

Anyway, I will try to emulate what the Inquirer is doing in my own little way.  I will talk about it more soon as I've planned an activity along the same lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle