Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fostering Filipino Adolescents to Become Their Own CEO's



I read this interesting article today about these adolescent Silicon Valley CEOs, teenagers who have conceptualized ideas which can become viable businesses online and how venture capitalists have helped them nurture these ideas and making them a reality.  I'm not sure if we have this here in the Philippines.  I don't think our educational society fosters entrepreneurship, although, I can say that a lot has changed in the past twenty years.

When I was younger, all education was geared to being an employee.  I know how that felt, because I knew I was never employee material, but my mother would always force me to aim to be hired by the best multinational companies here in the Philippines.  But I knew otherwise what I wanted.  I just wanted to strike it out on my own, not quite sure what business I wanted to be in.  But I knew being an employee was not a good fit for me.

However, the landscape has changed a bit today as entrepreneurship as a course in college is being offered nowadays, and being a businessman is something that young people aim to be - a far cry from the "You should be a lawyer, doctor or nurse mantra" that my generation was subjected to.  Too bad I was born into the wrong generation.  It was really tough to explain to Mama why I didn't want to work for so and so.  However, now she knows why I had to do what I had to do.  I hope other parents won't be too harsh on their own kids too.  Just let them follow their dreams and everything will fall into place.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle