Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm Voting In the Barangay Elections Tomorrow!

I've always voted during barangay elections for the simple reason that I think it's more important than the national elections.  I've lived in the same barangay for the past 22 years so being in this community is important.  I have seen how commercial development is slowly creeping into the community and I won't be surprised if after a decade, parts of the community become popular commercial centers.  Those are some of the challenges our barangay leaders have to deal with, so it's important that I choose properly the persons who will decide on these things. 

Another prickly issue in our community is the opening of that bridge linking us to the 'Tondo' of Quezon City - Tatalon.  I have been to Tatalon and it's not a place you'd like to be stranded in at night.  It's like going to another country.  The people there speak like the ones you see in Face to Face.  Palengkera to the max!  So it still behooves me why the local government did what they did.  I don't think economic diffusion would help Tatalon.  Policing it better might. At the meantime, the robbery cases in our barangay has increased so much.  In our house alone, we had three break-ins in the past 6 months.  We've never had a break in before that, when there was still no bridge.  It's really starting to be a battle now between the haves and the have nots.  Not really haves, but 'have a little'.  Simply put, we want our homes to be safer and not worry that some criminals hiding in Tatalon will use our barangay as their cash cow.  So it's really important for me to vote tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle