Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bringing Back the Bayong

When I was still a young boy, I would recall our helper or Mama use the bayong or the netbag, when they bring produce from the market.  In the early 80s, plastics were not that ubiquitous yet, so everyone had to bring their bayong or netbag when they went shopping.

Fast forward thirty years later, slowly, local governments are implementing the no-plastics policy - for obvious reasons.  I don't think it would be a problem to return to using the bayong once again, or the netbag.  I remember them being sturdy and they can carry a lot of stuff as well.  I don't remember how they packaged the toyo and the suka before, because now, they are sold in tingi using plastic.  But as they say, if there's a will, there's a way.  I guess we really have to do our share in caring for the environment, even if it may inconvenience us in the beginning. Sanayan lang yan!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle