Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Monday, April 20, 2015

Never Too Old To Travel and Explore!


Thank you to my newfound friends (and old ones as well), I have begun to get out of my comfort zone ever so slowly this 2015. And the funny thing is, one can actually do it, even if one is getting more advanced with age!
Last week, I drove out of the gates of Metro Manila for the first time, and this week, I will ride again a bus to a point somewhere in Luzon. For other people, it might seem unremarkable, but the last time I did that was in 1990, for a Humanities school project, and we went to Floridablanca to interview some manghihilot.
Between 1990 and 2015, I never cared to ride a bus to any point in Luzon! Such was my apathy for this island even after living in Manila for 27 years! I felt like the characters I saw in Sex and the City who saw Manhattan as the center of the world and that going to Connecticut or New Jersey, was like going to outer space! Sadly, I was that person as well.
Don't get me wrong. I love the Philippines, and I have been lucky to have lived (not traveled lang!) in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Not many Filipinos can make a claim to that. It's just that my family and I had been traveling and moving around for so long that when we finally settled in Manila, even if I was at the prime of my youth then, I was too lazy to explore Luzon.
But I guess, it's never too late. It's not going to be easy since I have to work it around the school schedules and my work as well. Thanks to Facebook, I get the added inspiration to see all of your travel pictures, especially the ones in Luzon, since those are the places I would really love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle