Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Splendid Barasoain Church in Malolos Bulacan


I'm actually a bit jealous of kids today because traveling around the Philippines is much easier and much cheaper - so what they actually learn from their history books, they can actually see when they go on vacation!!!
Which brings me to our trip today to Malolos, Bulacan, a historical town barely an hour away from the Trinoma mall in Quezon City. Grabe, I have lived in Manila for almost 3 decades and this is the first time I've visited this town!
It's also the first time I've driven out of Manila! I've been spoiled rotten for years having a driver or Vic to drive me outside of Manila - because they won't let me drive - they call me narcoleptic! And that can be dangerous for long driving!

Anyway, I finally saw the Barasoain Church in Malolos! A place that played a very important role when our country was still young and trying to form some semblance of a government. That was shortlived, as we all know, and it would take almost another 50 years before we finally got our independence!
The picture below was probably the best from the several I took. We couldn't go down since the parking area was full (it was around 5:30PM on a Sunday!) and horror of horrors - they have no exit!! At least when there's still a mass!! No logic or reason as to how they allow traffic to move inside their church compound!
I would love to see the museum and the interior of the church at a more opportune time. They also have a bigger and more impressive Cathedral nearby. What I've noticed as well is that the roads of Malolos are well-cemented - in other words, wiz lubak!! Mother Ignacia, which I traverse everyday is a sorry comparison to how smooth my driving was in Malolos! At least we know that their taxes are really going where it should!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle