Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Saturday, March 26, 2011

So Proud of Our Local Musical Theatre Scene!



I am so happy that I've decided to watch local theatre again.  In a span of a few weeks, I saw Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, Care Divas, The 39 Steps, Breakups and Breakdowns and Next to Normal - and I am very proud to say that the performers in these plays are my kababayans and I'm proud to be a Filipino!  I have seen musical theatre abroad - in Hong Kong, Singapore and the West End in London - and I am really impressed with the talent we have here. 



Lea Salonga may have been discovered 22 years ago but her legacy has continued to inspire many of our local actors to pursue a career in theatre. 

All those plays have very diverse subjects yet they are performed to a world-class standard!  I really had a fantastic time watching each of them, and props-wise, our stage, our sound and our lighting have improved immensely since I watched plays in college - and that was twenty years ago!!  Frankly, our theatre output is immensely superior to our movies!  Now, if only our local showbiz would do theatre to improve their acting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle