Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Monday, March 7, 2011

How To Say Yes To One Hundred Million Pesos and Not Have To Kill Myself


I know it's easy for me to pontificate since I am not Angelo Reyes and I have never been given one hundred million pesos to shut up and be quiet.  That's apparently how the system works in the higher echelons of the Philippine military and to go against that system may mean risking my own life and the safety of my family. 

Anyhow, if I did get 100 million pesos (US$2,311,550.91) as pasalubong by my very generous posse of general-friends, I will have to accept it or risk their fury.  However, instead of giving it to my family and feel guilty about it - I'd just find a way that the money reaches the poor soldiers under me - maybe set up a foundation - which can help them and their families.  It really feels like Robin Hood but in the system that I'm in, getting me killed and making me a hero is not an option. See what happened to Ninoy.  He offered his life to us and all we got is her nauseous daughter Kris - who has reduced our entertainment news to shiite! 

Nope, if I were Angie Reyes, I'd go the quiet route, and even if my wife protests and demands her Hermes bag, I would shut her up and go my own way.  That goes for the kids too.  I am a general after all!  That way, I also wouldn't have to shoot myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle