Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Being Kind to our LRT and MRT Commuters

This article by respected sociologist Michael Tan is such an eye-opener!  The last time I rode the MRT was way back in the late 90s and I would often joke to the young kids now that the now very busy Quezon Avenue station was a very quiet station during my time - I remember I would be the only one going down in that station.  Of course now, with McDonald's and KFC there and so many other stores, it is a very busy area!

I don't know how the government could've overlooked the handling of the MRT and the LRT.  The truth is, to get good service, you'd have to pay for it, and the very cheap prices of the tickets I think, don't give them enough money to even maintain the trains.  I read about an MRT train catching fire - thank God walang namatay - but I hope we don't wait till a real accident happens!

I love what Mr. Tan said here about being kind to the commuters who have to endure this hell.  Talking from my side - I mean those who drive their own cars - we're also suffering from the bad traffic too and the expensive cost of gasoline!  As to when the suffering will end, whew, there should be some good guy out there who can run the MRT and the LRT well, but I have this sinking feeling that we'd all have to bite several bitter pills first!

Kindness and LRT/MRT
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle