Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

How I Escaped Rheumatic Heart Disease

While I was reading this article (http://globalnation.inquirer.net/124461/ph-teener-off-to-sudan-for-life-saving-surgery), it dawned to me that what is happening to this teenage boy could have happened to me as well.  In my case though, I was lucky that I had an alert pediatrician, I think her name was Dra. Pe, who noticed that my monthly tonsillitis could have complications later on in my adult life - like the rheumatic heart condition this boy has.  Grabe noh, if not treated, he could be dead at 20!  In his case naman, strep throat.

Dra. Pe  recommended to Mama that I take monthly Penadur injections when I was 13 years old, kasi monthly ako na-oospital due to tonsillitis, and this could have complications on my heart in the future.  I continued having the injections till I was 21 years old - so from the ACMDC hospital in Lutopan, Cebu to the Southern Islands Hospital in Cebu City to the UP Infirmary in Diliman, I had my monthly injections talaga, on schedule.  I never missed one injection.  

Masakit actually ang injection kasi mahirap daw malusaw ang Penadur so I always demanded that the most experienced nurse inject me, a.k.a., dapat senior mommy nurse na - kasi na-notice ko, pagbata na nurse, ayun, reckless and careless, so ilang beses pa ako tinutusok bago success.  Senior and experienced nurses though were more patient and careful.  Sayang nga, I don't remember the name of nurses who took care of me monthly.  All I know is that they were friends ni Mama who were her contemporaries na rin.  

God bless them all, including Dra. Pe, wherever they may be right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle