Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Freedom For the Animals in Zoos



I never quite warmed up to zoos and the few times I've been there have been half-hearted attempts at fun - at least for me.  As a child, I didn't quite understand what I was feeling, but now, that the issue of rescuing these animals from their cages has now become more of a moral issue, I have come to understand that those places were never meant to be for these wild animals. 

Yes, there is a certain sense of heartbreak looking at an elephant, forlorn in a makeshift "cage" barely able to hold its huge size - when it could've been in the wild, with its own family, grazing over a savanna in the wild. 

I wonder if the tables were turned and we were the ones in the cages, and the animals would view us from outside, curious about what would we be doing.  No Ipad, no TV, no human being to talk to - just a human being in a cage, with curious animals looking at us, throwing maybe siopao or chocolate to "feed" us.  I'm sure most of the "caged" humans will turn insane in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle