Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kulo Exhibit on Jesus Christ Pushes It



I heard about this exhibit at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, a few weeks ago and I haven't even seen it.  I do plan to see it next week though and find out what the fuss is all about.  However, many local programs have shown it on TV and it's quite controversial!  I don't know though what he wants to achieve by showing these images and how it depicts the issues he wants to discuss.  Anyhow, he's not the first artist to use the images of Christ and Mother Mary to attract attention.  I understand we live in a country that has free speech so we allow him to do this.  I just think it's in really bad taste.  The artist got the attention that he wanted.  I just don't know how he has achieved his objective with this.  Well, this is art so we just have to interpret it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle