Nuffnang Leaderboard

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details

Research Proposal Writing Assistance Click on the picture for more details
Reliable. Plagiarism-free

Friday, July 15, 2011

Philippine Ballet Theatre's Breathtaking 'Romeo and Juliet'



It's really a pity that the Philippine Ballet Theatre only had four playdates for Romeo and Juliet.  It could've played to a bigger audience if there was more marketing push for it, considering that it's a classic ballet and it would've been a chance for many young people to finally watch this art form.

The two leads were played by Americans though, but the rest of the cast were Filipinos and many of them were young - and very talented!  It was such a joy to watch them especially in their ensemble dances! 

I arrived late in the venue since my friend came late but luckily, with no traffic, we reached the CCP in time to miss just about ten minutes of dance.  The leads were pretty strong and were forceful in their performance.  But I guess the most joyous performances came from the strong Filipino support cast who looked very nice in their colorful Florentine costumes!  I really had a great time that night and the only glitch was that I wasn't able to have pictures with the cast since I forgot my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang Rectangle